4 DAYS SAFARI
Ngorongoro crater, Serengeti and Tarangire National Parks
This four days safari is set to explore Tarangire, Serengeti national park, and Ngorongoro crater.
On day 1, you are going to visit the national park in Tanzania with the largest population of elephants; that is Tarangire National Park.
On the second day, you will have a short afternoon game drive in the Serengeti national park.
On the third day you will have a full game drive in the Serengeti national park.
You will end this safari at Ngorongoro conservation area on day four before driving back to Moshi/Arusha.
A NOTE ON THE FLEXIBILITY OF THIS ITINERARY
- Please note that our itineraries are flexible and we customize them according to your needs.
- Airport pick up and drop off are optional, meaning if you are already in Moshi or Arusha or you can arrange your own airport transfers, we can take them out of the price for this tour.
- Pre safari and post safari accommodation are optional.
We usually leave at around 7AM, so we expect you have breakfast before then at the hotel/lodge you will stay. Since Tarangire national park is after lake Manyara , will pass lake Manyara on day one and go straight to Tarangire national park. The drive from Moshi to Tarangire national park is approximately 4 hours, so we should arrive there at around 11 AM. After all entrance procedures, we will start our 2 hours game drive before lunch, then break for lunch at around 1PM. After lunch break, we will have 3 hours of game drive before heading to a hotel for an overnight stay.
Highlights of day 1:
1. The baobab trees – get ready to hear fascinating profiles of these largest trees in the whole world.
2. Large amounts of elephants and learn about these wonderful and intelligent animals
3. The landscape of the park including its magical river that gives the name to the national park, the river is called Tarangire river.
4. Spot predators as they look for animals who go for water at Tarangire river
After breakfast at your accommodation in Tarangire, we will start a 5 hours drive for Serengeti national park. It will be an interesting long drive with lots to see and experience along the way. For instance, there’s an option of watching the view of Lake Manyara at Manyara, then the view of Ngorongoro crater when we enter the Ngorongoro conservation area. Along the way, we will pass through Masai village and courier shops, with a chance for you to stop by and learn a thing or two about the local culture and buy souvenirs.
Our destination today is central Serengeti, hence we will have a game drive en route to from the Serengeti national park entrance gate.
Highlights of day 2
- Visit Olduvai Gorge and explore the place where there are shifting sands.
- Take a photo at the main entrance of the Serengeti national park for a memory of a lifetime.
- Learn the history of the Serengeti national park, the best national park in Africa.
- Spot predators such as tree-climbing lions, cheetahs, and leopards.
- Witness large amounts of zebras, elephants, giraffes, buffalos, and other animals as you start exploring the magnificent Serengeti national park.
The game drive at Serengeti national park will take approximately 3 hours after which we will start heading to your accommodation in the central Serengeti.
After morning breakfast at your accommodation in the Serengeti, we will start a game drive to explore in a more detail the endless plains of the national park. Yes, they are endless plains, English translation of Serengeti which is a Masai name.
From the central Serengeti, we will move to the East side then South of Serengeti for morning and afternoon game drive before reaching the Serengeti exit gate , and leave the Serengeti for Ngorongoro crater rim at around 4pm.
Highlights of day 3
- Spot predators such as tree climbing lions, cheetahs, and leopards.
- Witness large amounts of zebras, elephants, giraffes, buffalos and other animals as you start exploring the magnificent Serengeti national park.
- Have a picnic lunch in your car or at a designated lunch taking area.
The game drive at Serengeti national park will take approximately 4 hours after which we will start heading to your accommodation outside the Serengeti, at the rim of Ngorongoro crater.
Early in the morning after breakfast, we will start an interesting game drive in the largest un-flooded and unbroken caldera– the Ngorongoro crater. The Ngorongoro crater is part of Ngorongoro conservation area which is a World Heritage Site.
Highlights of day 4
- Spot most of the Africa’s big five. If you’re lucky you may even see black rhinos!
- Visit the famous hippo pool and have a picnic lunch there.
- Watch the common animals in the crater which are wildebeest, zebras, elephants, buffalos, spotted hyenas, jackals, elands and Thompson’s gazelles.
- Enjoy breath taking view of the crater as you spend a night on an accommodation on the crater rim.
- Visit Lake Magadi and watch flamingos and other birds.
The game drive at Ngorongoro crater will take approximately 3 hours after which we will have an afternoon break for lunch. We will continue with a game drive after lunch for about 2 hours after which we will start heading back to Moshi through Mto wa Mbu town, famous for its varieties of cultural activities for you to learn a thing or two about Tanzanian tribes and their culture. You may also use the time at Mto wa Mbu town to buy your souvenirs.
Inquire 4 Days Safari
Our 4 days safari start at $1900 per person. Inquire for a quote below.