3 DAYS SAFARI
Ngorongoro crater, Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Parks
This three days Safari is set to explore Tarangire, Ngorongoro crater and Lake Manyara in the Northern Circuit of Tanzania. The two national parks and the crater can be visited in a short itinerary like this because they are relatively close to each other and they have unique features and unique dominant wildlife.
On day 1, you are going to visit the national park in Tanzania with the largest population of elephants; that is Tarangire National Park.
On the second day, you will visit Ngorongoro conservation area which is a World Heritage site.
On the third and last day, you will explore Lake Manyara national park which is probably the place with the largest number of birds in Tanzania, plus it is where you have the best chance to see pink flamingos in Tanzania. Lake Manyara was formerly known as the only place in Tanzania where you could find tree climbing lions. However, nowadays tree climbing lions can be found in other national parks in Tanzania.
What you may see: Elephants, Cheetahs, Lions, Zebras, Wildebeest, Giraffes, Hippos, impalas, snakes and other small animals.
You’ve a little chance of seeing: Leopards, Black rhinos, and Crocodiles
A NOTE ON THE FLEXIBILITY OF THIS ITINERARY
- Please note that our itineraries are flexible and we customize them according to your needs.
- Airport pick up and drop off are optional, meaning if you are already in Moshi or Arusha or you can arrange your own airport transfers, we can take them out of the price for this tour.
- Pre safari and post safari accommodation are optional.
We usually leave at around 7AM, so we expect you have breakfast before then at the hotel/lodge you will stay. Since Tarangire national park is after lake Manyara , will pass lake Manyara on day one and go straight to Tarangire national park. The drive from Moshi to Tarangire national park is approximately 4 hours, so we should arrive there at around 11 AM. After all entrance procedures, we will start our 2 hours game drive before lunch, then break for lunch at around 1PM. After lunch break, we will have 3 hours of game drive before heading to a hotel for an overnight stay.
Highlights of day 1:
1. The baobab trees – get ready to hear fascinating profiles of these largest trees in the whole world.
2. Large amounts of elephants and learn about these wonderful and intelligent animals
3. The landscape of the park including its magical river that gives the name to the national park, the river is called Tarangire river.
4. Spot predators as they look for animals who go for water at Tarangire river
After witnessing the large numbers of elephants in Tarangire national park, it’s time to move to the home of Africa’s Big 5 game animals and a World Heritage Site – Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Today you will leave Tarangire area where you had you overnight after day 1 game drive. The transfer from Tarangire to Ngorongoro crater takes about 2 hours.
Highlights of day 2
- Spot most of the Africa’s big five. If you’re lucky you may even see black rhinos!
- Visit the famous hippo pool and have a picnic lunch there.
- Watch the common animals in the crater which are wildebeest, zebras, elephants, buffalos, spotted hyenas, jackals, elands and Thompson’s gazelles.
- Enjoy breath taking view of the crater as you spend a night on an accommodation on the crater rim.
- Visit Lake Magadi and watch flamingos and other birds.
The game drive at Ngorongoro crater will take approximately 3 hours after which we will have an afternoon break for lunch. We will continue with a game drive after lunch for about 3 hours before leaving the crater for your accommodation before sunset so that you may witness great views of the sunset along the crater rim.
From the World Heritage site, it’s time to move to the fascinating Lake Manyara national park which is famous for having the highest concentration of elephants per square kilometers. We will leave your camp or lodge at around 8 after you have had your breakfast. The drive from Ngorongoro to Lake Manyara national park takes approximately 2 hours.
Highlights of day 3
- Spot varieties of birds including the famous pink flamingos
- Large amounts of elephants and learn about these wonderful and intelligent animals
- The landscape of the park including its relationship with the Great Rift Valley wall, its alkaline lake and hot spring.
- Spot predators such as tree climbing lions.
The game drive at Lake Manyara national park will take approximately 4 hours after which we will start heading back to Moshi through Mto wa Mbu town, famous for its varities of cultural activities for you to learn a thing or two about Tanzanian tribes and their culture. You may also use the time at Mto wa Mbu town to buy your souvenirs.
Inquire 3 Days Safari
Our 3 days safari start at $900 per person. Inquire for a quote below.